Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is this course for?
For anyone interested in learning and deepening their practice of watercolours.
This workshop focuses on how to use the supplies in your studio to generate vibrant paintings.
Beginners will benefit from a deep introduction to the use of different art supplies, color theory and how to create their own palettes, color charts and personal records to start their journey.
Intermediate and advanced students will be able to see how I make my own paint and create unusual mixes directly on the paper. With each demo, I will explain the use of different mediums like gum arabic, inks, acrylics, watercolor powders and gold paint. You will be able to see in action some of my signature techniques like layering with masking fluid, splattering and more.
2. In what format is the course? Classes are pre-recorded, so you can take them at your own pace. All my videos include optional subtitles in English.
3. What is included in this course?
5 lectures and 5 projects in 5.5 hours, including:
- Full list of art supplies with suggestions of where to buy in the USA, UK and Europe
- My art supplies: watercolor, inks & everything else
- Palettes and the use of water
- The use of mediums
- Painting with gold
- Understanding color
- Project No.1 | Make your own watercolor paint
- Project No.2 | Watercolor mixing chart
- Project No.3 | Galaxy painting, two techniques
- Project No.4 | Koi fish with floral background
- Project No.5 | Watch me paint a large floral
For more detailed information on what is included in each project, please see the Curriculum of this class.
4. What if I have a question?
Every lecture has a section for comments that I will be constantly checking and answering.
If I see that there are questions that are repeated frequently, I will add another lecture to answer and provide advice in specific areas.
5. How long will I have access to my course?
From the date of your purchase, you will have unlimited access for two years. If you have not finished your course within this time, just contact me and I will happily make it available again if the course remains active.
6. What materials do I need?
You will find a PDF with a list of supplies and suggestions of where to buy them.
7. What level do I require for this course?
This class is suitable for all levels. If you feel that you don’t need the introduction and theory of the class, you can skip those lectures, but in my experience even advanced students can benefit from watching another artist work using a different style.
8. What is the difference between your in-person and online classes?
My in-person workshops are four hours long and hosted in my studio, where I guide my students to paint one main theme, usually loose florals or botanical moons.
These online master classes are designed to cover a wider range of themes, from the use of supplies, suggestions on how to gather inspiration, the importance of posture, and insights into how I work in my studio, including several demos where you can take a closer look at how I work.